Finding the subscription number
Your subscription number is an unique identification number used to identify you as the proper account holder. Subscription numbers change every time a credit card is updated or PayPal subscription is created. Due to the changing numbers this number is required for password resets to ensure the requesting individual is in fact the payer.
Subscription numbers can be found under Billing History of past payments. As long as the billing information has not changed you may always refer to this figure to verify your identity. If it has changed, then you will need to find the latest subscription number:
- Credit cards
- the subscription number is included in every transaction receipt underneath the item charge. Credit card subscription numbers start with C-.
- every payment receipt sent via e-mail from PayPal includes a subscription number. Alternatively, you may pull up the subscription terms. Every PayPal subscription begins with S-.
- these are arbitrarily created once a check is entered into the system and should appear in "Billing History" within 14 days of receipt. The subscription number begins with CHK-.
Determining the next billing date
The next payment date may be found by logging into the control panel and checking the Next Billing Date field under Account Overview.
Which payment methods are accepted?
Payments may be made through either PayPal or direct credit card. Accounts on a yearly billing cycle may pay via check. New sign-ups are restricted to PayPal-only unless special accommodations are arranged to pay via credit card. We prefer this method to reduce the incidence of fraud and keep the servers running happy and spam free. If you are unable to pay via PayPal just drop email@example.com an e-mail requesting to sign-up using a credit card.
What are the differences between "Good Standing", "Good Standing; Non-recurring", and "Pending Suspension"?
- "Good Standing"
- Your account is setup for auto-bill and the fee listed in the adjacent field under Billing Status will be automatically withdrawn from the payment method on the specified date.
- "Good Standing; Non-recurring"
- Your account is not setup for auto-pay. You will receive a billing notice billing notice at the appropriate time reminding you to renew service.
- "Pending Suspension"
- Your account is not setup for auto-pay and will be automatically suspended within 30 days if payment is not made. You may renew service by clicking on the Renew link next to the status.
- Contact support through a trouble ticket if this is the primary account. Secondary accounts split up per the "Reseller" method will show the Unknown status.
How often is payment information updated?
PayPal and credit card transactions are entered into the system real-time. Recurring PayPal transactions occur between the hours of 3 AM - 10 AM EST and credit cards are processed nightly at 12:30 AM. Checks are entered into the system within 14 days of receipt.
Account Ownership Transfer
Account transfers consist of two parts, hosting and domain management. Domain management transfers ownership of who controls the domain, while hosting ownership changes who controls Web hosting for the domain.
Hosting account transfers are accomplished by changing billing contacts and providing the new account holder necessary login information. Unless requested through a ticket, the primary username will remain the same. Update the contact address through Change Information to ensure future correspondence is sent to the proper address. Account billing status will change from "Good Standing" once the account is within 90 days of renewal. During this time a renewal link will be provided in the dashboard.
- Credit Card
- A formal cancellation process may be bypassed by changing the billing information within the control panel. Removing the credit card number will enter the account into the cancellation batch. Cancellation batches are processed nightly at 12:30 AM EST. Follow the instructions provided in the billing notice to reinstate service as the new account holder. Credit card cancellations carry a minimum 15-day grace period.
- Cancel the canceling the hosting subscription. Depending if the next payment is within 90 days, the account may be available for immediate renewal. PayPal carries a minimum 30-day grace period.
- No additional steps are required.
Note, the following instructions apply to clients who registered a domain through Apis Networks. Login to the domain registrar using your account information.
My Products > Domains > Domain Manager select domain > Account Change Enter an existing login name or the e-mail address of the new owner to initiate an ownership transfer. Ownership transfers are finalized immediately.
How do I change my PayPal account?
You would first need to cancel your account following the directions in How can I cancel my account? then wait for the automated billing notice to resubscribe which is listed under the section How often are billing notices sent?.
How can I switch from PayPal to credit card?
Switching over to a credit card is an automated process. First, cancel your existing PayPal subscription to begin receiving automated billing notices to renew service. Notice scheduling is available under the Account Cancellations sub-category. Follow through with the instructions provided in the billing notice to reinstate your account.
My payment bounced. Is this a problem?
Recurring payments may fail due to insufficient funding to cover the payment or outdated billing information. Payments will automatically reattempt 3 times after which point the subscription is canceled. You will have 30 days to reconcile the missed payment following cancellation.
How can I cancel a recurring subscription?
See the cancellation section. The only difference between canceling auto-pay and terminating your account is refusal to make a payment within the 30 day window.
Help! PayPal has canceled my subscription
This is a frequent occurrence and tends to happen if a credit card has expired or if you updated information recently within PayPal. You will have at least 30 days to correct your billing information before an account is suspended. To ensure you receive these notices first whitelist the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Secondly, make sure the e-mail address listed in the control panel is current. E-mail addresses may be updated through Change Information within the control panel.
Depending upon the date of cancellation you will begin receiving notices either on: (a) the following Monday, (b) the following Thursday, or (c) if the next charge is outside 30 days, 30 days before the next billing date listed in the control panel. PayPal subscriptions and cancellations are reconciled every Monday and Thursday at 12:00 AM.
How can I cancel my account?
PayPalPayPal, your current subscriptions may be found by accessing My Account -> Profile -> Financial Information -> Recurring Payments
If you are unable to find the Recurring Payments section, then you may fall back to the old method of looking up recurring subscriptions. Login to PayPal, then visit My Account -> History -> Advanced Search. Enter the payment address,
email@example.com in the Search For field and choose the Within option specifying to check within The Past Year. Find any Type item of payment and click Details.
Your subscription will be under the Transaction Details header. Click on the subscription reference link beginning with S- in the In reference to:... link to bring up you recurring subscription details. Finally, click on Cancel Subscription to terminate your subscription.
Login to the control panel and visit Change Account Billing. Delete the credit card number in the field to disable recurring billing.
How often are billing notices sent?
Billing notices are generated 30, 15, 5, 1, -10, and -20 days relative to the next billing date or starting from the date of cancellation, whichever occurs latest. You may disable notices by following the link listed in paragraph six of the notice.
Upgrading individual services
The following services may be upgraded on any account:
SSH cannot be added from the Minimalist account. Shell access requires at least the Basic package.